Friday, March 26, 2010

Aloha Friday #20

http://islandlife808.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/aloha-banner.jpg
Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your comment below and link in Kailani’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

This weeks question is:
Do you call the store carts Shopping Carts or Buggies?  Do return them to the corals in the store parking lots?

We call them Shopping Carts here.  As for returning them to the corals, it depends on the day and situation.   

My Signature

20 Sweet Comments:

Dee said...

We call them buggies here, but I try to do shopping cart if I'm typing something on here so no one will pick on me! :) I try my best to return them...I won't say that I've ALWAYS returned them.

Design It Chic said...

we call 'em shopping carts and we always return them to the corals as here in Germany we put 1 euro or 50 cents to take them out, plus this is how it's done in here you don't want to draw attention by being the rude one:P
Aloha and here's mine!

Jingle said...

Carts - I'm a Boston girl. I had NO clue what they were talking about when I went to school in Oklahoma and everyone called the buggies! LOL! OH! And my groceries are in bags...not sacks...I thought that was weird down there, too! And yes, I do return them to the corals.

Kristen Andrews said...

shopping carts for sure!

Kimberly said...

I'm a "buggy" girl myself, but only because I'm too lazy to go that extra sylable and say "shopping cart". And yes, I always return the cart to the coral. What else would you do with it? Hmm...

Liz Mays said...

Those are shopping carts, to be certain. I always put them back, always!!!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Buggies, when I worked the boys who brought in the buggies from the parking lot were called buggie boys.

Around here the names are pretty interchangeable though.

Auntie E said...

shopping carts, and I too return them to their parking places.

I am Harriet said...

Buggies? Too funny.
I park next to the corrals to make my life a ton easier.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/octolicious-friday-fest-peoples/

Braley Mama said...

I have NEVER heard of them being called anything but shopping carts. But buggies are kinda cool:O)
I USE to always return them. Well maybe not Always. But after having babies I don't always do it. I just feel safer putting my girls in the car and staying by them.

Anonymous said...

those are shopping carts or back in england we call them a trolly.
When you say buggy i automatically think of a baby's stroller lol

http://affamilycabral.blogspot.com/
stopping by from aloha friday..

Gem said...

shopping carts! never heard the term buggies before =)

Unknown said...

I've never heard of buggies either! I put them back in the corrals almost always.

Rach said...

here they're called shopping trolleys, but I tend to just use a basket which you leave at the check out

Janine said...

Shopping carts, and we always return them!

Visiting from My Kids Are Fun for Aloha Friday!

kailani said...

I call them shopping carts and always return them even if someone is waiting for my parking stall. :-)

Big Mama Cass said...

I call them shopping carts most times but sometimes buggies. And I ALWAYS return them to the corals. ALWAYS. Major pet peeve of mine. :)

MadeInCanarias said...

Shopping carts and we always return them to the corals.

Kiy said...

We call them carts, I've never heard them called buggies - interesting!

We ALWAYS return. I leave Emi in the cart while I am loading the stuff into the car and then she and I go together to return the cart. I want her to see us doing the right thing. We talk about what we are doing too, so she understands. It must be working as just last week she pointed out the window (car) and said "uh-oh mama, no cart!" Sure enough, someone had left their cart in the parking lot.

Cheers,
Kiy

jaime said...

I'm still weeding through my Google Reader!

I call the carts "shopping carts." And I always return them to the corals. I don't want my cart to get hit by a cart, so I figure I can help out the next person by returning the cart to where it belongs.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin