Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back to School Time

The past few weeks have been a whirl wind.

Over Labor Day weekend we went on our annual camping trip and right after we got back, the kids went back to school.

I am still trying to get into a routine.  I am wondering how long that will take.

Ian started 5th grade on the 5th of this month.  We are looking forward to a new year and a new experience, long story I should share someday.  He got the teacher he wanted (the first time he has had a male teacher) and he couldn't be more excited. 

He is getting so big....I can now fit into his shoes.  *sigh*
Lily had to go outside and watch her big brother get on the bus.

Because Lil's (I have now taken to calling her that) birthday is 14 days past the cut off date (Dec 1st) to start Kindergarten this year, she started UPK on the 7th.  UPK (universal pre-k) is a free program provided to all pre-schoolers in our school district.  Ian went when he was that age and he LOVED it.  It is 2.5 hours, 5 days a week.
 She picked out her special outfit and asked me to make a special necklace to match.
She was excited and a bit nervous.
She got in line, listened to instructions and walked away to class.
I knew she was ready to go and I thought was ready.  I knew she would love it and would be fine.  I could not be happier with her teacher, she had been Ian's Kindergarten teacher.  But...after I dropped her off, I cried a  bit in the car as I drove away...I was a bit sad to she her all grown up and so ready for school.  It is strange to have the house to myself for a couple hours alone. 

Miss sassy pants had a fantastic time!
Here's to a new school year.  :)
My Signature

4 Sweet Comments:

Martina said...

Such gorgeous kids you have! Cheers to a good schoolyear ahead!

vivian said...

HI melanie! I dont know where I've been that I've missed a bunch of your posts! but I got caught up now. I just have to tell you that those first couple picks of your son in his leather jacket are awesome! He could be a little model! and Lils pics are adorable too! I know, I remember that empty feeling when they went back to school, I only felt badly for a few seconds though and then I was doing the happy dance! LIterally! lol! enjoy your time alone as much as you enjoy your time with them. I bet you could get a lot of crafting done in those couple hours! OH, and I love that you made your daughter a necklace to go with her outfit!
have a great day!
xo
vivian

Finding Charm said...

I don't know the story, but good luck to Ian for a great 5th grade.

Of course Lils had a great time - she was loaded with all her girlfriend and mom super powers from head to toe!

Totally get the tears.

~ Noelle said...

wow
they are so grown now!!!
and still so cute and handsome :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin